Friday 12 December 2014

BOOK OF THE DAY: Into the Vampire City by Phil Tucker

by Phil Tucker
(Click for UK , Australia, Canada or India purchase)
 




BOOK DESCRIPTION
When Selah Brown's father disappears while investigating the new designer drug Blood Dust, she realizes that the only clues as to his whereabouts lie within Miami, the terrifying and controversial walled-off city of vampires.

It's the year 2024, and seven years have passed since the War ended and the vampires were given a city of their own to rule. Charity organizations strive to raise money to pay the Freedom Bonds of those imprisoned within, while celebrities fly into South Beach to dance with the monsters and star in the hottest reality TV shows. The world watches, fascinated, and people begin to wonder: is coexistence possible?

Yet as Selah's inquiries lead her deeper into the rotten heart of Miami, she begins questioning everything she thought she knew about the vampire city. About the vampires' intentions. About herself.

For there is more at stake than Selah can possibly imagine - and the secrets she uncovers are so terrible they might start the Vampire War anew.

[Formerly titled: Vampire Miami]


"I was smitten with the world that was built here and the layers that were uncovered as the story progressed... Seriously, this book kept me on the edge of my seat from the beginning. It dug its claws in deep and hung on until the bitter end." - On a Book Bender

 
AUTHOR BIO

 



Phil Tucker is the author of several works of urban fantasy, horror, and dystopian fiction.

He lives in Western Massachusetts with his wife and dog Simon, and dreams of writing books as meaningful and moving as the ones that inspired him to begin writing in the first place.

You can visit his blog at www.transientme.com, or find him on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/AuthorPhilTucker.
  
 
 
 
REVIEWS
5.0 out of 5 stars Completely Amazing!! May 13, 2013
By LadyD2012;-) 
Format:Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
I am always on the search for multicultural paranormal/urban fantasy books and how I came across this one is beyond me, but I am so very glad I did!!! The story is truly entertaining, suspenseful, and well written. I couldn't put the book down and read it in just a couple of hours. I'm not going to give anything away....as I hate reviews with spoilers. But I will express one thing, what kept me interested in this novel was that it was SO action-packed and these are so pretty diabolical vamps. There was not a single dull moment in this and honestly, Tucker kept the action flowing flawlessly. No breaks in between book for me I am already halfway into the next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent story! April 14, 2013
By Alessandra 
Format:Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
I loved the story and how it played out! Very different than the other vampire novels out right now! Already bought the second novel and am excited to start reading it!



SELECTED OTHER WORKS
Vampire LA (The Human Revolt Book 2)
Vampire Redemption (The Human Revolt Book 3)
Crude Sunlight 1

No comments:

Post a Comment