Wednesday 13 November 2013

BOOK OF THE DAY: The Fruits of Our Sins by Jean Mckie Sutton

by Jean Mckie Sutton





BOOK DESCRIPTION
The lives of Madeline and Sybil become intertwined in heated confrontation by the birth of a child - a child that each claims to have a right to. For one woman, possession of the child represents redemption; for the other, the repetition of generational sin.

The Fruits Of Our Sins chronicles the deeply flawed relationships these women have with their parents, the impact of those relationships on the direction of their lives and ultimately the lives of their children as they attempt to flee from, yet reconcile, the abandonment and betrayals of their youth.

AUTHOR BIO



After graduating from Franklin and Marshall College with a dual degree in Spanish and Government, Jean rose through the ranks of the insurance industry for twenty years before heeding her own heart and pursuing her passion for writing.

She grew up listening to the stories that elders recounted about the women in her family, and it is from these dominant, yet richly flawed matriarchs that she draws inspiration for her writing. In addition to The Fruits Of Our Sins, Jean has published two short stories, Stella’s Silent World, and When
The Bough Breaks. She is also a featured author in Sister To Sister, Black Women Speak To Young Black Girls.

She plans to release a collection of short stories early 2013, and is currently working on a sequel to The Fruits Of Our Sins.

Jean lives in a suburb of Philadelphia with her husband and three children.


REVIEWS
5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, June 19, 2012
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
I am not an advid reader, but Mrs. Jean Mckie -Sutton's book The Fruits Of Our Sins is one of the best book I've read in awhile. To say that this book is a page turner is one thing but when I read the last line on the last page I didn't want it to be over. I wanted to know what happened next. This book is a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a must read, June 20, 2012
The Fruits of our Sins is a great book. I am an avid reader and this book was awesome. I totally agree with the other reviews, it was a definately a page turner. I could not put it down. It was easy reading and I got so engrossed in the characters that I was disappointed when it ended because I wanted it to go on. I truly hope there will be a second book. My daughter also read it and she is not an avid reader and she loved it too. She said "mom I can't believe how much I felt like I knew these people. I was so happy with them at some points and so mad for them at other points. I never read a book that I felt so involved in." I'm hoping for the second book but if not I'm definately looking for other books by Jean McKie Sutton


No comments:

Post a Comment