Saturday 21 September 2013

BOOK OF THE DAY: Luminescence (Luminescence Trilogy) by J.L. Weil

by J.L. Weil




BOOK DESCRIPTION
My dreams are anything but normal.

My temper sucks.

And the new guy at school is anything but average.

With his bad boy attitude, disarming smirks and uber mystery shrouding him, Gavin Mason is mouthwatering hot. His stormy sapphire eyes are filled with secrets. One run in, literally and I was a goner. I mean picking my drooling tongue off the floor kind of gone.

Gavin might be dark and dreamy, but he wasn’t the guy in my dreams. Lukas Devine looks like the boy next door, and it’s his sunny face that heats up my unusual dreams. The closer I get to Gavin, the crazier they become. Then the unexpected happens, Gavin literally freezes an object mid-air saving my ass.

Turns out the guy I am crushing hardcore on, is a witch.

Yep. You got it. A full-blooded witch. Magic just isn’t a myth, and Gavin and his family aren’t the only witches in town.

But will I be able to accept my fate, a fate that might be unavoidable.

AUTHOR BIO




J.L. Weil is a scorpio born and raised in Illinois. She is the author of teen fantasy trilogy Luminescence.
A life long avid reader of romance and fantasy, she loves to get swept away from reality. Whenever she isn't reading or writing she enjoys playing Call of Duty with her two boys, country line dancing, reality tv, vampire shows and shopping. Like most writers she has an addiction to coffee (Starbucks) and loves a great sense of humor.



REVIEWS


5.0 out of 5 stars
 Beneath the Moon and Stars review August 23, 2012
Format:Kindle Edition
This wasn't what I was expecting at all. It reminded me a lot of Twilight but witches instead of vampires. Once I got into it I never wanted to put it down. The storyline was great and I loved the characters. It left me wanting more. I can't wait for the sequel.

I really liked Brianna. I liked how accepting she was. She didn't give anything a second thought, she just went with it. Of course when it came to herself she didn't handle it as well. I still thought she was easy to relate too. I'm glad by the end she accepted who she was and really came into herself. I loved Gavin. He's not really the type of guy I normally like. He's the bad boy. Even though he was the bad boy, he was still pretty sweet. He had a good personality. His family was what reminded me of Twilight. I liked his family a lot. I like how they all played their own little part. I didn't really understand Lukas. I felt like he should have played a bigger part. I have a feeling that will come up later in the series. I also have a feeling I wont like him very much because he could cause a love triangle.

This was very hard to put down. It wasn't incredibly fast paced but it didn't bore me. I loved all the magic. I felt like the author put a lot of creativity into the magical aspect of the story. One thing that could use a little work was, there was a few spelling and grammar errors. It could use a good look through. Other than that I really enjoyed this. Everything seemed very well done. I'm excited to see where this story is going to go and I highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment